Snowdrops are the symbol of spring, of nature's rebirth.
It is a custom by us to offer every woman, mother, grandmother, work colleague and friend a small bouquet of snowdrops on the 1st of March.
Here is a bunch of snowdrops for my lady readers and blog friends.
These are common snowdrops but I bet you don't recognize them.
I captured them from bellow and the details surprised me too.
Let's hope spring is coming soon. For now there is no sign of spring but the according to the weather forecast we shall have spring beginning from the 1st of March till Thursday, when we expect snow again.
On the first of March women also receive a special gift, called Martisor. See in my next post what it is all about.
- ► 2011 (50)
- Snowdrops-first day of spring
- White tulip-macro photo
- Art reflecting in art gallery window-reflection ph...
- Spring in Botanical Garden-Cluj Napoca
- Spring blossom-macro photo
- Silent evening on a rainy day-cityscape
- Beautiful bouquet of lilies-flower photos
- Old reflecting in new - cityscape
- Sky watch - sunset
- Squirrel crunching on a nut-nature photo
- Late afternoon sun rays-reflection photo
- Still winter on the hill-landscape photos
- Alstroemeria flower - Peruvian lily picture
- Winter is not over-winter photos
- Saint Michael church-Cluj Napoca
- Difference between static pages and post pages.
- Ways to display static pages list
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2009 (59)